Down By The Sea | The Flamingo Chronicals: Down By The Sea

Down By The Sea

Good morning all my blogging friends!
We are having beautiful spring weather here in Dallas.
How is it where you are? I hope you are having a wonderful week so far and
are getting ready for the weekend!

Today I have a layout from my recent vacation. We were on top of a "mountain" in Jamaica
and had the most beautiful views of the ocean. This layout is one of my Design Team assignments for
The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie. They just celebrated their 7th Birthday!!!
Yeah!!! Congratulations Carolyn!

We were at an old homestead taking a tour and I was able to get some really nice shots. 
I have used papers from Cosmo Cricket, 7Gypsies,  Bazzill and Co'ordinations.
Also included are Bo Bunny die cut stickers, Maya Road, Prima, Tim Holtz, Offray, 
Tattered Angels, Twinery,  and a few others.

I glued the envelope from Maya Road onto the page backwards and tucked a couple of tags into
it for journaling. The stamp on the larger tag is Tim Holtz - it is a truly divine set and I think I saw it in the store last time I was down - if not I am sure Carolyn will get it in for you. 
The brown flower is rolled from Maya Road pleated trim. The die cut stickers are from Bo Bunny.
Inks are ClearSnap and Tsukineko.

I used the sketch from Sketchabilities for this layout.

Instead of the layered die cuts at the bottom of my picture, I let the framing elements of my shot stand out.
I wanted those old bamboo pieces to stand out in the photo against the clear blues of the sea and skies, so
I didn't want to cover them up with anything else!

You have until April 28th to hop on over to Sketchabilities and join in on the fun.

Be sure to check out The Crafty Scrapper on the Facebook Page the girls post all the newest 
products coming in. You will be the first to know when new products hit the shelves. 
They will ship it out to you if you do not live in the area!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Anita

9 comments:

  1. great layout-- love all the layering and what a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout with all the layering!
    And gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Can you believe you'll have this blog for 3 years. Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! great layout! I love all the layering you've done!
    thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on the sketch...I love the papers you've used & all the little postcards tags. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page, and great take on the sketch! The colors really make you photo stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love your photo and all the amazing details that you added on it! Great page! Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete